The Gadsden County Humane Society/G.O.A.L.S., Inc. is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization helping cats and dogs in Gadsden County since 1997.
We rely on donations and contributions to support our efforts. The Gadsden Humane Society is not a part of any government unit such as the county’s Animal Control. Our organization provides a number of services such as:
- Assist pet owners that demonstrate financial need with the costs of dog and cat spay/neuter operations;
- Operate a phone message line to report lost and found animals;
- Maintain a Facebook page posting reported lost and found animals to locate owners;
- Assist pet owners that may need temporary help with pet food and other basic needs;
- Participate in Trap, Neuter, and Release programs for feral cat populations
- We also host events like dog washes, craft and art shows to raise funds for our activities and publicize the Gadsden County Humane Society endeavors. We have a dog wash every first Saturday of the month in Havana – April through October.
Educating citizens about responsible pet ownership and the benefits of spay and neuter is our main focus now. The county has a large number of unwanted animals and, unlike Leon County, we currently do not have an animal “shelter” that can provide adoption opportunities to lost animals in Gadsden County.
As a pet owner, you can help to alleviate these conditions by spaying or neutering your pet. The humane society can help with the costs of spay and neuter for pet owners demonstrating financial need. If you are a pet owner with a financial need for assistance with spay and neuter costs or other basic medical needs, contact us to discuss your situation at 850-539-0505.
For more information on how you can help animals in our county through the humane society, call 850-539-0505. Together we can make a difference.
By Kathryn Voigt